avatar Re: Who here still buys wax?
April 06, 2012 04:58PM
rchecka
Gimmie more please.
Worth buying on wax for 14.99?

peace.
April 07, 2012 01:31AM
Definitely worth buying. It has a different feel than My World , but still very good. At first , I didn't like it because it didn't have that same vibe, but after a few listens , I really like the fact that its different . It's still very soulful .When I sit and think about it though, I gotta ride with Uptownkid and say that My World is better, but I still highly recommend this album. Let's stop comparing albums , and just agree that Lee Fields is dope. Cop it , and if you don't like it , blame Jaybrown!!!
April 09, 2012 06:03PM
jaybrown
Definitely worth buying. It has a different feel than My World , but still very good. At first , I didn't like it because it didn't have that same vibe, but after a few listens , I really like the fact that its different . It's still very soulful .When I sit and think about it though, I gotta ride with Uptownkid and say that My World is better, but I still highly recommend this album. Let's stop comparing albums , and just agree that Lee Fields is dope. Cop it , and if you don't like it , blame Jaybrown!!!

K, I'm gonna cop it. Thanks.

“Lesser artists borrow... great artists steal.” - Igor Stravinsky
OP OP Blog CDC
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Beat Junkies Blog
April 09, 2012 06:20PM
This 'kend I hooked up with Brainchild to give him a break from 'new daddy duty' to do some digging in Madison, WI.

We found some REAL FIRE digging at Strictly Discs.

Brainchild digging in the jazz section...

Benji Soundtrack (Epic) 1974

Look, I know what you are thinking... WTF, Benji?? Well you can WTF all you want, there is some SUPER dope funky shizzo on this and it will make it on a future mixtape I swear to God! I have literally been looking for this for over a year, I finally found it at the nice price of 8.99 sealed! Not kidding, I was literally jumping for joy when I spotted this, there is some cool chase disco on this.

Da King & I - Contemporary Jeep Music (Rowdy Records) 1993

Finally!!! I was SO pumped to find this for a mere 18 bucks. A monster Hip Hop album that I have been searching for since I found out about it years ago. This one is so cool and so slept on, about damn time I got this!

Brian Eno with Jon Hopkins & Leo Abrahams - Small Craft On A Milk Sea (Warp) 2010

I'm such a huge fan of Eno, and I thought I missed out on copping this last year, it came and sold out quickly at all my stores. I put this on last night and as usual the production blew my mind. His ambient production is so unique, and he just learns more and more technical tricks with every new release. Heavy pressing, great packaging, and music that takes you on a trip, can't go wrong with that.

“Lesser artists borrow... great artists steal.” - Igor Stravinsky
OP OP Blog CDC
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Beat Junkies Blog

Re: Who here still buys wax?
April 09, 2012 10:24PM
Nice pick on the Da King And I.
The 12's are worth picking up too for good remixes..

Agreed with U-Kid on Craig G. Remix version of "Shootin The Gift" kills the LP version though.
Slammin was always a fave.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login